Whether it is shielding us from the cold or adding a classy vibe to our outfit, leather jackets do so much for us. Not to overlook their variety and versatility, which makes them an integral part of our wardrobes. This blog post will lay down everything about the leather jacket aesthetic for women.
Basic Styles of Leather Jackets for Women
Leather outerwear is a significant part of the realm of womenswear. Any other material cannot beat the class of a lustrous, well fitted leather jacket. Wearing your leather jacket spices up even a basic outfit. Depending upon the type of leather and the jacket’s lining, they can be worn all year long.
Before we dive into the leather jacket styling, let us briefly enlist the classic and trendy styles of these jackets. Read on to know what types of leather jackets can be a part of your wardrobe.
A classy black biker jacket comes to mind whenever someone says leather jacket. It has many subtypes. From a jacket with a band collar and front zipper to the edgy double rider jacket with asymmetrical zipper and notch lapels, you can opt for any type.
A biker jacket can be worn over dresses, different types of shirts and tops, and even jumpsuits.
The classic bomber jacket has a boxy silhouette with a cinched hemline, front zipper, and ribbed collar and cuffs. The sporty design makes it a comfortable layering option. Wear it with jeans and white t-shirts, skirts, and many other women’s fashion staples.
Women with an inclination towards the normcore style can go for a simple leather shirt jacket. It is a loosely structured jacket with button closure and shirt collar. Wear a brown shirt jacket over a off-white shirt and a black A-line skirt for a modest look.
The warmth of a cozy shearling jacket is unmatched. It is crafted from sheepskin, with a wool lining. This type of jacket takes your winter style to new heights as it gives a classy look.
Cropped leather jackets are a raging trend. They can be styled with flattering tops and dresses for a trendy look. They give a glamorous appeal to any outfit.
Blazers and Coats
Leather blazers and long coats look incredibly stylish and are not by any means any less in terms of versatility. Both leather blazers and coats give a refined look.
Besides these preferred and popular styles, leather jackets can be categorized based on their colors. They can have embellishments too. Fringed leather jackets and vests are distinguished styles.
Jackets with various kinds of embellishments like studs, spikes, patches, and embroidery are considered high fashion staples. Recently, bolero jackets made of leather are also gaining popularity which instantly uplifts an outfit.
How to Style a Leather Jacket?
Unlike their utilitarian beginnings, leather jackets are no more a garment worn only for protection. Although they got the seal of a fashion forward staple decades ago, they are still much loved. Initially made for men, these timeless jackets found their way into every fashion savvy women’s wardrobe.
There are so many ways to style these timeless jackets and feel confident. Keep them in regular rotation by wearing them over your casual and street style outfits. A leather jacket outfit is perfect for times when you are in a hurry. All you need is to don a splendid leather jacket over any kind of dressing, and you are good to go.
For spring and summer, leather jackets can be paired with lightweight blouses and shirts along with jeans and skirts. They also go well with all kinds of dresses. For the colder season, leather jackets can top layers of clothing like sweaters, hoodies, or sweater dresses. A variety of shoes can look great with the leather jacket aesthetic. You can wear boots, strappy sandals, mules, sneakers, and pumps.
Female Leather Jacket Outfit Ideas
Based on the most popular leather jacket colors, there are several innovative and classic outfit ideas. You can adopt a style that you like and choose a single or multiple colored jackets to give a boost to your outfit creation.
Black Leather Jacket Outfits
Leather jackets in black are a great addition to any wardrobe. Depending upon the style you are going for, they will serve as a classy final touch to your outfit.
- Wear a black double rider jacket along with a black tank top and skinny black jeans for a voguish look. This no-fail ensemble looks even more stylish with a pair of black ankle boots and a crossbody bag.
- Wear a green tunic along with black faux leather sweatpants for a chic look. Top it off with a black bomber jacket and wear green pumps for further style.
- A brown leather tennis skirt along with a black turtleneck is an impressive outfit. Use an embroidered black leather jacket to uplift this look. Finish off with black t-strap heels.
- A grey hoodie and blue slim fit jeans outfit can instantly become street approved with the addition of a black bomber jacket.
Outfits with Red Leather Jacket
On the streets of fashion capitals around the world, the dominance of the red leather jacket is seen. Bold, appealing, and absolutely trendy, the red leather jacket is a must-have for any fashionable woman.
- Wear a black t-shirt and white ripped jeans along with a red motorcycle jacket. Complete this outfit with red pumps and some statement jewelry like bracelets and earrings.
- You can tone down the edginess of the red jacket by opting for a simple style like a basic biker jacket and wearing it over a white floral midi dress. The jacket gives a flavor of contemporary chic to the girl-next-door style. Round off this outfit with white gladiator sandals.
- Pair a peplum top in light pink color and pair cream colored palazzos. On top of this ultra feminine pairing, wear a red leather vest. Red or pink ballerina shoes will be the perfect choice of footwear with this look.
White Leather Jacket Looks
A white leather jacket is well worth an investment. A plain white jacket will give a refined look to your outfit, while a studded one will make you stand out from the crowd. Although the choice may be unconventional, it is easy to match a white jacket with an outfit in any color.
If you want to be a true stunner, try wearing a white leather jacket in the following ways.
- Wear a flared black floral midi dress and wear an off-white cropped leather jacket over it. This outfit is easy to put together but looks lovely in spring and summer. Choose a pair of black mules with this outfit.
- Team up a navy blue polka dot circle skirt with a white tiered top. A cream quilted leather jacket can be the perfect finishing touch to this outfit. Wear navy blue stilettos with this ensemble.
- A white studded leather jacket over a black cropped crossover top and faux leather leggings is a chic trio. Rounding it off with white leather heeled sandals will make it a no-fail style statement.
Burgundy Leather Jacket
Since its inception as a fashion staple, leather jackets’ colors and designs are continuously evolving. Burgundy is the trending hue preferred for shirts, pants, and especially fall jackets. A burgundy leather jacket gives a sophisticated look besides giving depth to a neutral outfit. Here are a few ways to nail the burgundy leather jacket aesthetic.
- A grey henley crop top and black high-rise skinny jeans is an alluring combo. Elevate it further with a burgundy racer jacket and black suede ankle boots.
- Wear a plain black mini dress with a flared silhouette and don a burgundy biker jacket on top of it. Complement this look with a pair of black over the knee boots and a chained shoulder bag.
- Wear a cropped burgundy jacket over a casual combo of denim shorts and a Breton top. Though the look is laid back, you can increase its appeal with black pumps.
Brown Leather Jacket Aesthetic
Leather jackets in shades of brown are a safe choice when your wardrobe consists of a variety of colorful shirts, tops, pants, dresses and jumpsuits. Brown outfits give a very modest look, which means they are perfect for women who have a penchant for normcore style. Style a brown jacket in any of the following ways for a captivating look.
- Go for a pretty printed tunic top and dark blue bootcut jeans. Over this flattering combo, wear a brown bomber jacket. Add brown peep toe heels to the equation for an added flair.
- Wear a vertically striped shirt along with cream wide-legged pants. Complete this outfit with a cropped brown biker jacket and black stilettos.
- Pair a black mini a-line skirt with a black crop top and layer the sexy outfit with a brown biker jacket. Round off the attire with long black boots.
- For a stylish winter look, wear a brown bomber jacket over a white sweater dress, black leggings, and black boots. Upgrade the look with a real fur or faux fur stole.
To nail the leather jacket style, you can also go for jackets in other colors as well. Shades of blue, green, pink and teal are quite popular in womenswear. Beige and wine colored leather jackets and cognac jackets are also sought after choices to put together creative outfits.
How to Wear a Leather Jacket with Different Clothes
Putting together leather jacket outfits is not at all confusing. It involves picking the right color combinations and flattering silhouettes. Choose weather appropriate staples and accessories. Here are a few fabulous ways to wear your precious jacket with style.
Leather Jacket and Jeans Looks
A conventional way to wear a leather jacket is to pair it with jeans. To do so creatively, wear a grey t-shirt with a plunging neckline over a black lace top. Wear blue mom jeans and a black moto jacket to complete the look.
Leather Jacket with Dress
You can also wear these jackets with plain and printed dresses. For instance, a green empire dress and a brown biker jacket combo will get you several compliments. Or, try a grey t-shirt dress along with a black cropped jacket and a fedora hat for a chic appeal.
Outfits with Skirt and Leather Jackets
Pair a denim button skirt with a graphic t-shirt and a light blue leather jacket. Add printed heels to this equation for a stunning look.
Leather Jacket and Jumpsuits
Jumpsuits look very elegant. A zebra pattern jumpsuit can be topped with a black leather jacket. Or, try a different look with a red jumpsuit and a grey leather jacket. Pointed toe heels in a matching color look great with a jumpsuit.
A grey leather jacket gives you ample pairing options as it easily goes with any other color. If you are looking for an ideal way to rock the leather jacket aesthetic, wear a grey leather jacket over your dark dresses. Or, wear it over a white button down shirt and blue jeans.
The most suitable tops are black and white t-shirts, crop tops in any color, shirts in solid colors and printed ones. For bottom wear, a variety of skirts, jeans, shorts, and trousers can suit a leather jacket look.
Red is the color that grabs attention in an instant. A leather jacket in red color is a gorgeous style statement, well worth a buy if you are a daring fashionista. Always match your footwear with the jacket for a classy look.
Leather jackets are a beloved fashion staple for women who like to dress up in spectacular outfits. The fact that these jackets have been around for decades and are still trending proves how versatile they are. If you want to ace the leather jacket aesthetic with perfection, try the no-fail outfits we have suggested above.