Ever since the vintage tie and dye trend came back into fashion, women are lovingly embracing it. We can see the trend evolving even more, which means that tie dye is definitely going to continue this year. Hopping on to the trend, we are here with several trendy tie dye outfit ideas for spring and summer 2023.
There is a reason why tie dye has morphed into a huge trend. Its colorful patterns are absolutely gorgeous. You can go for popular designs like crumpled, bullseye, sunburst and rainbow. Or, choose staples in kaleidoscopic, horizontal lines, or vertical lines tie dye patterns.
Tie dyed pieces give a trendy, lively feel to your outfit. They are a complete style statement, making everyone admire your energetic qualities. While wearing a colorful tie dye outfit, you don’t need to fret much over accessorizing. Learning how to wear tie dye clothing in a stylish way will add eye pleasing looks to your summer look-book.
Tie Dye Trend
Tie dye, the age old fabric dyeing technique, is a beautiful way to add life to clothes. A wide variety of ready to wear tie dye staples are available in fashion stores these days. However, you can have all the fun tying and dyeing your boring summer clothes yourself.
To style a tie dye piece, pair it with another staples in a neutral or complementary color. For instance, a white and purple tie dye shrug will go with your purple clothes. Or, you can wear matching tie dye sets for a fascinating look. Another option is to use a tie dye shrug, jacket or a kimono to layer a basic outfit to add some zing to it.
These days, T-shirts, hoodies, crop tops, jeans and leggings in tie dye patterns are popular. You may also want to add tie dye flare pants, skirts, dresses and jackets to your wardrobe for added style.
If you don’t want to wear tie dye clothing, another way to follow the trend is to wear outfits with tie dye shoes, such as crocs that are also currently on trend. Or, carry a tie dye accessory, such as a bag or a scarf.
Tie Dye Outfits for Women
Women wearing gorgeous tie dye outfits are all over social media these days. Get inspired by the fabulous looks and get in on this trend yourself. Below, you will learn several incredible ways to style different tie dye essentials.
Summer Tie Dye Outfits
As the weather turns warm, it is time to flaunt your tie dye clothing. Airy fabrics with tie dye prints lend themselves to the scorching heat.
- For summer, your go-to casual look can be a pink and blue tie dye t-shirt with white skorts. White flip flops will add a beachy vibe to this outfit.
- Try a girl next door look with a purple tie dye tank-top along with a white tiered skirt. Elevate this breezy summer look with antique silver earrings and white kitten heels.
- Another way to dress up in the hot weather is to wear a pastel yellow crop top. Match it with a beautiful yellow and red flowy maxi skirt. Wear brown gladiator sandals with this outfit.
- You can also try wearing a white t-shirt dress with a sleeveless long tie dye shrug. Add sporty touches to the look with a visor cap and white slip on sneakers.
Tie Dye Shirt Outfits
Having different types of shirts boosts your outfit creation all year round. We suggest you not miss out on the ongoing fashion and get some cute tie dye shirts. You can go for crew neck or V-neck t-shirts, dress shirts, or Henleys according to your dressing needs. Try the following suggestions to build some trendy outfits with tie dye shirts.
- Pair your stylish tie dye shirt with a favorite style of jeans. Many types of jeans are currently in vogue, such as mom jeans or bootcut jeans. Wear white platform heels or chunky sneakers with this basic outfit.
- Adding a bit of zest to the tie dye shirt with denim trend, try this stylish outfit. Wear one shoulder tie dye t-shirt over a black tank top. Wear a short denim skirt with this pairing and round it off with brown ankle boots.
- Pair a black and white horizontal striped tie dye shirt with black biker shorts. This effortless look feels no less than a street worthy outfit if you pair it with the right accessories. Black pumps, a medium sized black tote bag, and cat eye style shades are an excellent way to give this look a boost.
- Wear a vertical striped tie dye collared shirt in green and white. Tuck it inside high waisted green pants for a effortless look. This unique pairing looks fantastic when matched with white strapped sandals.
Tie Dye Outfits Set
Matching sets are the most significant fashion trend these days. Try the following tie dye sets for a captivating look without making much effort.
- Go for a matching set of a blue and white patterned midi skirt with a bell sleeved blouse. This outfit is the ultimate definition of femininity. A blue charm necklace and white peep toe sandals will be the perfect final touches to this look.
- To reflect your high spirited demeanor, opt for an orange tie dye crop top with matching shorts. Elevate his ideal summer ensemble with a pair of nude stilettos. You can layer this outfit with a white crochet shrug or a denim jacket.
- Show your flair for athleisure with a sweatshirt and joggers set in a grey and mauve tie dyed pattern. Pull your hair back in a high rise bun and wear chunky sneakers and hooped earrings for a glamorous touch.
Tie Dye Hoodie Outfit Ideas
Fashion trends in the year 2023 are all about comfort, personal style and eclectic looks. The hooded sweatshirt is one of them. Cute and comfortable hoodies in tie dye patterns are all the rage nowadays. If you finally get the hoodie you love, style it in the ways mentioned below.
- For a modern look, pair a tie dye kaleidoscopic hoodie with comfortable shorts and you get an awesome street-style outfit.
- Wear grey joggers along with a pastel tie and dye hoodie. This combination is soothing to look at while incredibly comfortable to wear.
- Pair a cropped tie dyed hoodie in dark color with over light shaded camo pants. This is an interesting way to put together a hoodie outfit by mixing patterns.
Tie Dye Skirts Outfits
Skirts with colorful tie dye patterns are ideal for relaxed, casual ensembles and moderately dressy looks. Experiment with the following outfits if you have a tie dye skirt.
- Wear a front tied white t-shirt along with a blue, red and grey tie dyed fish skirt. Tie a blue silk scarf around the neck for an added flair. The outfit caters to the need to look stylish without wearing anything overly fancy. The footwear choice should be white leather heeled sandals.
- When you need to look unique instantly, go for a black off shoulder top with a multicolor tie dye maxi skirt. Add boho touches to the ensemble with a beaded necklace and antique looking bangles. Round off the look with black ballet flats. Turn it into a fall look with a stylish fall jacket. For instance, a cropped black biker jacket will go well with this outfit.
- Pair a beige cropped sweater along with a black and brown tie dye mini skirt. Elevate this stylish outfit with a pair of black suede ankle boots and a cross body bag.
Ideas to Wear Tie Dye Crop Tops
Combining the top two trends of the year, women love to shop for stylish crop tops in tie dye patterns. Here are some crop top outfit ideas.
- A navy blue and white vertical striped tie dyed top can be a perfect way to make a great style statement. Pair it with navy blue and white striped culottes for a relaxed look. Blue slip on flats will complete this outfit.
- Pick a sunburst tie dye top with flounce sleeves for a fun day at the beach. Pair it with white denim shorts. Layer the outfit with a cropped denim vest and wear multicolor flip flops to add funky vibes to this look.
- You can also go for an asymmetrical crop top in a beautiful tie dye print. Balance the look with cream flare pants and canvas pumps.
Tie Dye Dresses
Lately, many famous faces from the entertainment industry have been flaunting tie dye dresses. They are available in all types, and here is how you can rock them with unmistakable style.
- A casual t-shirt dress in a tie dye pattern holds a lot of potential to make you look charming. Style it with a leather bolero jacket and below the knee leather boots for a smashing look.
- Nail the party ready look with a tie dyed mini bodycon dress. Wear dull gold strappy heels and hooped earrings with your dress.
- For summers, nothing can match the light and breezy sundress. And that too, a tie dye sundress! If you want to go for one, accessorize it with a trendy bucket hat, canvas espadrilles, and a statement necklace.
- Another stylish type of dress that can look fabulous in a tie dye print is the wrap dress. Go for one with a beautiful flare till the calves. The best way to wear this dress is to do minimum accessorizing. Nothing more than white kitten heels, a delicate necklace and a white mini handbag.
Tie Dye One Piece Outfits
It is ok to get bored with the usual outfits at times. Sometimes, we want to follow a trend in a unique way, like wearing a tie dye romper or an elegant jumpsuit.
If you opt for a chic tie dye romper, style it with beige mules and wayfarer style shades.
On the other hand, a tie dye jumpsuit can be paired with off-white pumps and a chained shoulder bag. A sleeveless jumpsuit in a thicker material worn over a warm turtleneck may be a good choice for the fall season as well.
Tie Dye Kimono Outfits
Kimonos are all the rage for spring and summer. Get your hands on a gorgeous tie dyed kimono to wear over your basic t-shirt and jeans, dresses, and even swimsuits.
A quick way to jazz up a white tank top and a red tennis skirt outfit is to layer it with a red and white tie and dye kimono. Wear red sneakers to finish off this look.
80s Tie Dye Outfits
Tie dye ensembles have a trendy touch to them, apt for contemporary fashion. But no matter how much the trend evolves, it will always make us feel immersed in nostalgia. Tie dye clothing is a perfect way to get dressed for an 80s fashion themed party.
If you get an invite for such a retro party, choose a baggy tie dye t-shirt along with 80s style soccer shorts. Wear a denim shirt jacket over this outfit and complete it with chunky soled sneakers.
Or, go for a black band t-shirt with tie dye leggings and layer the vintage look with a bomber jacket. Tie the whole look together with black converse sneakers.
Tie dye has been trending for the last two years. Looking at the trend forecasts and runway designs from ace fashion designers, we can conclude that the trend is here to stay for 2023.
You can style a tie dye shirt with high waisted jeans, plain leggings, culottes, and skirts in neutral colors.
Pair cable knit sweater vests, cotton t-shirts, and sweatshirts in solid and neutral colors with tie dyed sweatpants.
The tie dye patterns are quite pleasant to the eyes. But the reason this trend is embraced so extensively is the wide variety of clothing pieces available in many different patterns. This allows you to wear this trend differently each time. Try our outfit suggestion to nail the tie dye look for this year’s spring and summer.